Come and sing.
No auditions, no need to read music.
Welcome to the Winchester Fusion Choir website. We are a fabulous and fun choir and sing for the sheer enjoyment of singing. We meet every Friday afternoon at the Salvation Army Hall, Parchment Street, Winchester.
We are led by award winning choir leader, Marie O’Brien BCA.
Tea and coffee between choirs – social time
- £5.50 per session – cash only.
Our evening choir: www.eastleighfusionchoir.co.uk
SINGING TO HELP OTHERS
We have raised in excess of £30,000 since we started in 2013 – these sums have been raised directly from our concerts.
- 2015 – £4,000 + raised for charity and worthy causes
- 2016 – £12,500 raised for charity and worthy causes
- 2017 – £8,000 + raised for charity and worthy causes
- 2018 – £7,000 raised for charity and worthy causes
- Trust me I’m a doctor research shows that singing releases high level of beneficial chemicals that are medicine to body and mind.
- ‘Music is so powerful it needs to be used for some kind of redeeming work – to lift people’s spirits, lift their souls.’ Bobby McFerrin.
- ‘I don’t sing because I’m happy. I’m happy because I sing.’ William James, philosopher and psychologist.
- There are health and social benefits to singing in a choir – look online for latest research.