Look forward to singing with you
Welcome to the Winchester Fusion Choir website. Here you will find the latest information about our wonderful choir, what’s on, what charity we are raising money for and any other information that might be of interest.
We are a fabulous and fun choir and sing for the sheer enjoyment of singing. We also perform and raise money for local charities and good causes, but if you would rather not perform that is fine with us. There can be nothing more enjoyable and uplifting than to meet every week to sing great songs along to fabulous music with wonderful people – that’s what we do at the Winchester Fusion Choir, and everyone is welcome.
THE WINCHESTER FUSION CHOIR IS ON HOLIDAY
WE MEET AGAIN ON THE 10TH AUGUST 2018
Until the end of August 2018, we meet every week at The Winchester Discovery Centre, Jewry Street, Winchester SO23 8SB.
From September 2018 we are relocating. More details to follow.
Friday afternoons. Two choirs:
- 1.30pm-3pm (we need bass, baritone and tenor voices). Tickets must be bought in advance for the full term (term lengths vary but are usually six weeks).
- 4pm-5.30pm (open to all new members and all voices, we need sopranos). Tickets can be purchased from the Discovery Centre. £5.50 per session or buy in advance for full term.
Both these choirs are now very busy and we are starting a waiting list. Best to buy your tickets for the full term to ensure your place. At present new members are being accepted. Come now and start singing with us.
Looking for an evening choir: go to: www.eastleighfusionchoir.co.uk
Why you should join our choir – there are health and social benefits to singing in a choir – read the article below.
SINGING TO HELP OTHERS
We think we may have raised in excess of £30,000 since we started in 2013 – certainly these sums have been raised directly from our concerts.
- 2015 – £4,000 + raised for charity and worthy causes
- 2016 – £12,500 raised for charity and worthy causes
- 2017 – £8,000 + raised for charity and worthy causes
- 2018 – £2,000 raised for charity and worthy causes
- 2018 – £5,000 we sang as part of a bigger fund raising event
We also sing at fundraising community events and to support worthy causes.
- ‘Music is so powerful it needs to be used for some kind of redeeming work – to lift people’s spirits, lift their souls.’ Bobby McFerrin.
- ‘I don’t sing because I’m happy. I’m happy because I sing.’ William James, philosopher and psychologist.